Junior Achievement In-A-Day
BMA Colorado is sponsoring our fifth JA In-A-Day program this spring. We're looking for 10 volunteer teachers for Friday, May 16 at Whitter Elementary (2480 Downing, just outside downtown).
You can volunteer by contacting Marcus Durante.
About Junior Achievement
Much like BMA, Junior Achievement is a national organization with a flagship chapter located right here in Colorado. Their mission is “to inspire and prepare young people to embrace free enterprise and succeed in a global economy”. It’s really a perfect complement to our own “Learn it today. Do it tomorrow.”
JA lines up business professionals to teach work readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship to school aged kids (K – 12). They are very fun, engaging and easy turnkey programs. There’s a good 3 minute video on the JA Colorado website:
Three additional facts about JA’s Colorado impact last year:
- 100,000 students attended 500 schools throughout metro Denver
- 3,400 business volunteers partnered with 3,500 teachers
- 75+ companies had a major volunteer involvement
JA In-A-Day for Whitter Elementary
- On Thurs, May 1st at 3 pm, there’ll be a 1 hour training session at Junior Achievement’s downtown office.
- On Friday, May 16th, we’ll teach classes at Whitter Elementary School.
- 2 BMA members will “tag-team” teach each classroom from 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- It works out to 6 JA lessons packed into a day, plus breakfast, lunch and recess.
- We’ll have a post-teaching cocktail reception to celebrate and network.
Whitter Elementary School; 2480 Downing St; Denver, CO 80205
Interested in being one of our volunteer teachers? Please contact Marcus!