Junior Achievement In-A-Day
BMA Colorado is sponsoring our fifth JA In-A-Day program this spring. We're looking for 10 volunteer teachers for Friday, May 10 at Charles Hay Elementary.
You can volunteer by contacting Marcus Durante.
About Junior Achievement
Much like BMA, Junior Achievement is a national organization with a flagship chapter located right here in Colorado. Their mission is “to inspire and prepare young people to embrace free enterprise and succeed in a global economy”. It’s really a perfect complement to our own “Learn it today. Do it tomorrow.”
JA lines up business professionals to teach work readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship to school aged kids (K – 12). They are very fun, engaging and easy turnkey programs. There’s a good 3 minute video on the JA Colorado website:
Three additional facts about JA’s Colorado impact last year:
- 100,000 students attended 500 schools throughout metro Denver
- 3,400 business volunteers partnered with 3,500 teachers
- 75+ companies had a major volunteer involvement
JA In-A-Day for Charles Hay Elementary
- On Monday, May 6th at 3 pm, there’ll be a 1 hour training session at Junior Achievement’s downtown office.
- On Friday, May 10th, we’ll teach classes at Charles Hay World School.
- 2 BMA members will “tag-team” teach each classroom from 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- It works out to 6 JA lessons packed into a day, plus breakfast, lunch and recess.
- We’ll have a post-teaching cocktail reception to celebrate and network.
Charles Hay World School
3195 So. Lafayette St.
Englewood, CO 80113
Interested in being one of our volunteer teachers? Please contact Marcus!